International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
UNESCO Update!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> IAIJ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: UNESCO Update! Reply with quote

I'm holding everything on the site in stasis (at IAIJ) until we get a reply from The Canadian Commission For UNESCO. As we wait, there is one group of people who have found our exploits with the U.N. agency irresistible. The group are the well healed businessmen. This group usually would not pay me any interest but this request for membership has them fascinated! I don't have to tell you what their opinion of the U.N. is, and they will state it in the most plain language possible. Our association is an honest, good natured, collection of family, friends and members strewn around the world in an impoverished association looking for membership with the Commission. Big business is fascinated with what happens right here as probably the final endorsement of their opinions on the United Nations. They wished me good luck, but really they feel they already know what is going to happen and want to affirm those opinions by our first hand example. I don't know what is going to happen but I stand firm in my belief that the Commission will extend that "olive branch" of membership.

In any case, we do have an audience! All we can do now is wait.....
Ainsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should have been posted here over a week ago:

Sue wrote:
UNESO Membership Update!

By Susan Earps, Director: IAIJ Inc.

Susan Earps

The International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. - a not-for-profit corporation - has an update on it's continuing request for membership with the Canadian Commission For UNESCO. The association originally approached the Commission in February to ask for membership. After which began a fairly involved process with had the association submitting documents, artifacts and financial records to the Canadian Commission For UNESCO. What is where the request for membership stood until later this past week.

On Friday September 11, Maurice Ali (Founder of IAIJ Inc.) received a call from the commission's Special Advisor To The Secretary General stating the request for membership is still on-going and that most questions should be answered by the end of September. If we are still in the running it will go to a vote for the general membership early in 2010. As you can see there are no guarantees in this process. We are not the richest association, but we believe in what we preach and what we stand for.

That is where it stands at this present time.

IAIJ's Letters Patent!

http://iaij.org

IAIJ: JOURNALISTS IN ACTION!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> IAIJ Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: