International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Head Like A Hole - June 25, 2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Head Like A Hole - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Head Like A Hole

By M. Andre Moore, Journalist

It’s that time again. Time to visit the brothel and watch the whores dance around the polls. Yes fans, it’s election time again.

In just a few days the face of our political landscape will shift. Or will it? Since Adscam, Canadians have fell off the Grit wagon, and sent the Big Red Juggernaut into a frightening tumble. No longer the drug of choice, the Liberal Party is in a dead heat with the Tories, who, since unification, have developed a snappy spring in their gait. Now it’s a slapdash to the finish line where ethics and a sense of fair play get stomped like ants at a salsa contest.

I’ve never trusted politicians and I’m not about to. They’re like groundhogs, only they appear every four years instead of one and the forecast is always ugly. I wonder where they are the rest of time—and what they’re up to? Because no matter how much they smile and promise to make things better, I have a hard time trusting a quadrennial creature that only shows up at my door when it’s hungry.

Even Jehovah’s Witnesses are more consistent—or do I mean persistent?
It doesn’t matter.

What does matter is soon our government will change and for the life of me I can’t tell if it’s going make a goddamn difference.

Unlike our austral cousins, we have three main parties to choose from; three sets of ideological currents to paddle down—three slippery paths to one mendacious waterfall. Will it matter which route we took to get to that nasty dip in the world?

Just something to ponder the next time scandal rears its pretty head.

Comments And Discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: