International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Pets Without Homes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IAIJ

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Pets Without Homes Reply with quote

Pets Without Homes

By Jessica King (Canada)

Midnight Dash

There is one shelter for pets and people in all of Toronto. People have animals for companionship, and the waiting list for this one shelter is 2 years long. Most homeless people with pets can’t wait that long. And finding a home that allows people with pets is really hard.

You have to make the decision on whether you keep you animal or get rid of them. I would rather be homeless with my animal then be without one. The fact of the matter is a pet is more than an animal. It’s your best friend. It’s the one person in the world that doesn’t care if you are dirty or homeless. They are the one person that will always be there. Midnight Dash was and will always be my baby. Whether I am homeless or not, she is always there by my side.

The homeless shelter system needs to accept more people with pets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: