International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
The Fortress On Tour May 2016!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> The Fortress: News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: The Fortress On Tour May 2016! Reply with quote

The Fortress On Tour May 2016!

By Maurice Ali

Here are some photos of our little travel log distributing excess copies of The Fortress in and around the greater Toronto area:

York University:

The Fortress goes up against the Lexicon at York University. They still put out a quality paper newspaper there.

Seneca College:

At Seneca we used to go up against The Buzz, but the Buzz is no more as the times are a changing.

Ryerson University:

We compete with the Eyeopener which is still going on strong. Ryerson has a large journalism department and program.

University of Toronto:

We go up against several small university newspapers at the University of Toronto. But the Gargoyle has a soft spot for me so I plopped a few of The Fortress in their bin just to show them that if the bin is empty it is fair play for the competition!

Some would say why we continue to print paper publications at Fortress of Freedom, and my reply is that as long as I am at the helm we will continue to respect the centuries of tradition and the printing press that gave rise to the archiving of human knowledge. A couple of years of technology are not enough to make paper print obsolete. Many constitutions specifically call the Press the press and their protections are for the press and as an organization that prints we fall under those protection and constitutional guarantees wherever they may be. And those are my official reasons. It is also so cool to see your publications lying around universities with coffee stains on them and left open at some particular page someone has found interesting. It doesn’t get any better for an editor than that, and thanks to Sue for editing this issue of The Fortress!

That is it for now. More updates as they become available!

IAIJ: JOURNALISTS IN ACTION AROUND THE WORLD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> The Fortress: News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: