International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
United Nations/UNESCO Trip Update!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Corporation News And Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: United Nations/UNESCO Trip Update! Reply with quote

United Nations/UNESCO Trip Update!

By Maurice Ali, IAIJ Inc.

On May 31, 2015 I will fly down to New York for the final few days of the 2015 resumed session of the Committee on NGOs. The session actually starts May 26 and runs till June 3. Now June 3 in the evening I will fly up to Ottawa for the 2015 Canadian Commission for UNESCO Annual General Meeting which goes from June 4 to June 6. During this trip IAIJ operations will continue as normal with the exception that you can now call me direct in New York with our New York number. Calls to my usual phone are also ok as well as our country specific lines in many other countries. If we unable to pickup feel free to leave us a voice message which is sent to us via email and encrypted. For any other requests that I can’t handle from New York, Dave or Sue can handle it depending on your location.

Please visit our contact page for all phone numbers and addresses:
http://iaij.org/IAIJContact

In conclusion, our mission to the United Nations and the Canadian Commission for UNESCO are best echoed in our statement on this year’s World Press Freedom Day:

“In this ever changing technological world one sees the influence of that technology on many areas of our culture and the press is one such evolving part of it. With traditional broadcast journalism and newspapers feeling the crunch of lowering advertising revenues, they are being forced out of smaller communities and special interest areas and are now being replaced by citizen journalists to fill the void. As an international advocacy entity representing citizen journalism, the International Association of Independent Journalists Inc. endeavors to help and foster citizen journalism in its increasingly important role. But as organizations grow and evolve IAIJ is also becoming an increasing presence in international circles as not only an advocate for citizen journalism, but also a resource and lobbyist for acceptance and integration of citizen journalism in all countries in the world. This does not necessarily mean a divisive or confrontational relationship between an NGO and a nation state. At IAIJ we are new to the international scene and will not prejudge or prejudice our involvement with nations around the world with regard to journalism and especially citizen journalism.

Citizen journalism is everywhere in one form or another and countries of all political and cultural varieties are simply going to have to incorporate the changes in technology and the resultant changes in the societies they represent. It is therefore simply good policy to try to work with all nations to adjust and incorporate this new reality of journalism into this wonderful secular and differing world of nations as best we can. It is my hope as President of IAIJ that we can, as an organization, be of some help in this ongoing development of journalism in all nations of our world.”

IAIJ: JOURNALISTS IN ACTION AROUND THE WORLD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Corporation News And Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: