International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Equipment For The Amateur Journalist - May 13, 2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Tips And Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Equipment For The Amateur Journalist - May 13, 2004 Reply with quote

Equipment For The Amateur Journalist

There are my official inventory of cameras available for our news stories.

The first is my cuirrent camera, a digital SLR - Nikon D70 - (center of the picture). These cameras are the most versatile; you can set it to just point and shoot (really important in what we do) or you can tailor the camera for the more contrived shots. This camera is heavy and huge when compared to the others - the payback is a more versatile camera that will upload to your server without much hassle. I love this camera as it is instantly available to shoot in less than a second. If you keep it on automatic settings, you just turn on and shoot and the picture is perfect. The files are huge and so you can zoom in or crop the photos to your heart's content. Present number of shots on a 256 card is about 143 or so at 1,500k per photo.

The 35mm is the old standby in case something goes wrong with the Nikon. This camera takes good pictures - but is fully manual. Not a problem to me but more to think about when taking that one important shot. The pictures come out alright and can be scanned into the computer and still be usable so this gets carried along on major events.

The Polaroid is a special purpose camera that can do things the other cameras can not - thus it still has life. This camera can take a picture and render it into a physical form in seconds on the spot. The others can not do this and so this camera has importance in remote areas and such.

The last camera that took the picture above is my tried and trusted 56 dollar snap and shoot digital camera. Just to show that money is not needed to get the job done; this was the camera that took almost all the pictures so far at this venue. It will have a place in fortressoffreedom.com history when it finally quits but is still in use today. I will miss the "companion".

There you have it, my inventory of photographic cameras. There are lots of accessories, but that will be another post.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Tips And Tutorials All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: