International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Planning for NGO Status Begins! - March 27, 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Advocacy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Planning for NGO Status Begins! - March 27, 2005 Reply with quote

Planning for NGO Status Begins!

By Maurice Ali, Philosopher

End of another vacation. My vacations always involve what others consider work but I really love what I am doing. All the little projects we have done thus far impress many people, but my attention has already swung to the United Nations and our quest for NGO status. When I first stated this goal it was just a "roll the eyes" thing; but now some look at this talk with alarm and would rather just concentrate on making the media company viable. We can do both - however, the purpose of all this is to make our organization "legitimate" in the eyes of the world and then use this platform to lobby our altruistic goals to the member states at the U.N. for the betterment of Mankind.

The work has to start now, in typical FOF fashion all projects run concurrently so there is always something happening..... I would also like to pickup a few more "unemployed philosophers" along the way and plan our moves for the future. There is very little action in philosophy and a presence at the U.N. would right a lot of wrongs that occurred in my last year of university, nice to see my theories working out..... When I was in my twenties, I honestly felt I was as good as any philosopher.....actually I felt better than anyone else; as arrogant as that statement is.....that feeling resides in me once again! Just a feeling as I rationally know that at 45 - I am not as invincible as I used to be. But the future has opened up with possibilities as it did when I was younger, and I intend to make the most of it before that window closes for good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Advocacy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: