International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
What Happened To The Topless Issue? - June 25, 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: What Happened To The Topless Issue? - June 25, 2005 Reply with quote

What Happened To The Topless Issue?

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Toronto, Canada - What happened to the topless issue? The photo above is somehow like how that day was; not that anyone was slitting their neck. The event was the 2005 Dyke March held every year in downtown Toronto, raising awareness of issues in the lesbian community.

So you will see many bare breasted women as that was one of the few notable sights at the march. However, they are the exceptions and possibly five more women were bare chested at this march and that is it. What happened to the topless issue so vehemently argued by women and then practiced.....for a while.....

I am not a woman, but in the thirty two degree celsius heat.....I figured many more women would be cooler taking their tops off. Also, this is an event to protest and such; if women won't take off their tops here.....well then what was the cause all about?

What a change! Even our own Dave Getchell sings a song about the topless issue and that issue may be a non-issue when his album is released.....

Anyway, here is the roll call of all that took their tops off and made their statement about equality and self-imposed restrictions on dress. Most were pretty well proportioned and seemed to enjoy the attention. Some were just average women making a statement. There is one young woman who made no fuss and just marched making her own statement and probably wondering what happened to the issue as well.....if you look closely, you can probably figure out who I am talking about.....

The price of freedom - or freedom to show your boobs to the world - is eternal vigilance. I am afraid that the hard fought "right" may die not with a bang but a whimper.

Anyway, here they are in all their glory. All are beautiful and I think I am doing the right thing archiving their statement in photographs.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: