International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Success Through Worthlessness! - Nov. 27, 2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Success Through Worthlessness! - Nov. 27, 2004 Reply with quote

Pink Floyd, Bill Gates And Success Through Worthlessness!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Maurice Ali: President and CEO of two worthless corporations.

So I am having my junk food lunch in my car when I hear that the band Pink Floyd is being sued by the kids who sang some of the background vocals in Pink Floyd's: Another Brick In The Wall. The kids (after over two decades) are suing for part of the royalties from Pick Floyd's very successful and much played album. Why after all this time are they suing? I would put money on the answer that some lawyer proposed the suit to the group. Lawyers look for money and one must have seen a way to get money out of Pink Floyd through these men. I could say more about lawyers, but they are also useful when I am looking for money and they are valuable in the criminal system of law.....so I will just leave the issue there..... However, I can make the general statement that money invites litigation.

I also made note that Bill Gates is always under the gun when it comes to law suits and always has to be careful what he says. He probably has his lawyers read everything he says to his underlings and the public in general. He is very much a prisoner of his own making. He can not even sell his stock as this would create a dramatic decline in the value of Microsoft equity. Free speech and freedom in general can not be bought or become a part of the life of Bill Gates, one of the worlds richest people.

So what do Pink Floyd and Bill Gates have in common. What they have in common is money and how money attracts litigation - So what does this have to do with Fortress Of Freedom? Well look at it this way. Having money invites litigation. Having money also restricts freedom of speech (remember Bill Gates); therefore a corporation will have the most freedom of speech and expression if it does not have value/equity/money. That is why I see success through worthlessness!

A worthless corporation is judgement proof. Nobody is going to pay a lawyer tons of money to sue a business that does not have the money to even cover their litigation. When I first started this organization, we had the most freedom because we had nothing to lose. We have some equity and reputation now, but really nothing else and so we still have our freedom; but things can change. This is also why I get releases and pay for all commercial work here at FOF - things can be all kisses and handshakes at the beginning and then turn ugly when the organization gets some wealth. As CEO, I have to ensure that the organization is protected at all costs at my turn at the wheel (it is even more embarrassing when your successor has to deal with your mistakes from the past.....). I never said our organization was going to make anyone rich; only that it was going to be effective and that I wanted to address the U.N. at some point about a global consensus on free speech. All of you will just have to rejig your ideas on what a successful business is all about. Nothing we will do here will be commonplace; we will be inventive and imaginative and succeed where others have failed; because all we care about is the final result and not how we get there.

I drive a 16 year old car (performance car though.....) and live a very austere lifestyle, and I could not be more proud of it - why - because I am free!

Maurice Ali: Proud owner and editor of a penniless newspaper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: