International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
IAIJ at the 55th Session of the Commission for Social De...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrone Taiwo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: IAIJ at the 55th Session of the Commission for Social De... Reply with quote

IAIJ at the 55th Session of the Commission for Social Development!

By Tyrone Taiwo, IAIJ Inc.

The international Association of Independent Journalists Inc. (IAIJ) is pleased to announce that we had a most successful trip to the United Nations in New York City for the 55th Session of the Commission for Social Development (February 1-10, 2017). Our representative for this trip was Maurice Ali who is President and CEO of IAIJ and he has issued this short statement on the event:

Maurice Ali

“I am happy to announce to the board of directors and the general membership that IAIJ had a very successful outcome at the 55th Session of the Commission for Social Development. Our side event "Improving the Online Participation of the General Public at the United Nations" at 10:00am on February 7 was successfully webcast to the world at large showcasing our report “The Issue of Permanent Ongoing Participation of the General Public at the United Nations” and we also had time to touch on another of our reports titled “A Positive Major Mandate for Humanity at the United Nations." Later that day I also had the opportunity to have a meeting with Ms. Daniela Bas who is the Director of the Division for Social Policy and Development at the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. That meeting covered several topics but our general public participation at the UN and the positive mandate at the UN advocacy were also discussed at length. In addition to those two highlights from our trip was the actual work of the Commission for Social Development at the session of which I was able to observe at several occasions during the event.

On behalf of myself as President and CEO of the International Association of Independent Journalists Inc., the board of directors and the general membership; we would like to extend the following messages of thanks and appreciation. First we would like to thank the Commission for Social Development for a successful session and hospitality and allowing us to hold a side event during the session. Secondly, we would like to thank Ms. Daniela Bas who is the Director of the Division for Social Policy and Development at the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, for her fine hospitality and allowing us to meet with her to discuss important issues of interest to the United Nations. We would also like to thank the support staff at the event from all departments that helped make the session a success and also making our side event a success; our many thanks to all involved!

In addition to those I have already mentioned, let me give appreciation and thanks to all the participants of the 55th Session of the Commission for Social Development. It was a pleasure to have met many of you and hope to meet you gain at a future session of the Commission for Social Development.”

IAIJ: JOURNALISTS IN ACTION AROUND THE WORLD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: