International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Our First Book Is Published! - September 10, 2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Our First Book Is Published! - September 10, 2004 Reply with quote

Our First Book Is Published!

By Maurice Ali, Publisher

The Fortress Of Freedom Corporation is pleased to announce that we have just published our first book:

Protest! The Fall Of Civil Disobedience

More of a test mule and corporation product; this book represents the work of our membership and the material this organization has produced since our first protest. At 207 pages, it was a little larger than we first envisioned but that was the way the book had to come out as it was achive material. I have to say that I am pleased with the result!

Here is our lovely model Corra showing the cover of our book!

Corra now shows that back of our book!

One of the biggest participants in this project was one of our very own members: Pet. Pet is one of the most gifted artists that I know. She therefore, was first choice when it came to making the cover for the book. The cover is one of the most important parts of a book as this is the first thing a casual observer sees when they chance upon the book. I am pleased to say that Pet's cover is one of the best I have seen. If you look closely, you will see that the background is actually one of my photos in blue. The other graphics are more photos on photos (as this is a book about photojournalism), this kind of artistic merit does not come by chance.....

She met the technical requirements perfectly and the final product came at the required measurements and the crispest, sharpest definition possible. The photos do not do the book justice; I guess I will have to scan the sides to show for best clarity. Hats off to Pet! She runs a design store/web site and you can see for yourself by going to: http://petserrano.com. Once again, splendid job Pet!

Side view of the book.

The following photographs show various parts of the content.

The title page.

The table of contents and second page.

An interior set of pages showing text and photos.

A very big thank you to the directors, journalists and members who helped and supported the project from it's inception; you folk are the greatest! Thanks to all who took interest in this project; and to all those who had their images archived as they practiced their right to free speech! It took longer than anyone thought, but we are proud of the final result.

The book came at a bad time and will be overshadowed by the TV show; but these are the problems I don't mind having.....if you know what I mean.....

Comments And Discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: