International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
The Thorny Issue Of Free Speech - August 28, 2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: The Thorny Issue Of Free Speech - August 28, 2004 Reply with quote

The Thorny Issue Of Free Speech

By Maurice Ali

My Shadow wrote:
http://www.freedomsite.org/index.html

One of our anonymous posters submitted this link without comment..... What was I to make of it? Why did he post this - just a link.....

Well, after poking around that web site; I decided to do a bit more investigation than normal. So off in the car I went to visit the "headquarters" of freedomsite.org! The address 152 Carlton as posted on the web site; in Toronto, Canada:

The view of the freedomsite.org offices.

As expected the "offices' were a post office box in the post office at the back of a Guardian drug store.

The drug store/post office.

If you need proof, just check the neighbor's address and the sign below the drug store:

The sign of the post office in the drug store.

My response to all of this? Well there will be no response to the material presented at that site. That is up to each individual to read (if they so desire) and judge or evaluate by themselves. It is not in my jurisdiction as a free speech and thought advocate to pass judgement or comment on the worthiness of another's opinion. We are free speech advocates, we endeavor to be non-political, non-biased; and to promote the altruistic ideals of free speech and thought for all as their rights as human beings.

I will make a distinction that the web site in question is a free speech web site, while we are a free speech advocacy group.....There is a distinction..... We only concern ourselves with the mechanics of giving free speech to all and not the content or consequences of freedom of speech. It is important that this response be made as it is surely to come up again.

It is my goal to one day deliver a speech to the General Assembly at the United Nations as one of the proponents of free speech and thought. I must remain neutral and only concentrate on the philosophic ideals of the cause I so dearly believe in. My primary goal is to attain media accreditation at the U.N.; and then N.G.O. status in another year's time. We defend all for their right to free speech; what happens after that is of no concern to our organization. We deal only with the theory and principle and in this way, we become the advocacy group for all.

Comments And Discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: