International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Tools Of The Trade - Feb. 15, 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Tips And Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Tools Of The Trade - Feb. 15, 2005 Reply with quote

In the above photo you will see the pieces of equipment I take with me on every live news event.

A digital camera is a must now days and the good ones will also take decent video. I use the cheapest one available - a sixty dollar affair with no video - this will be rectified shortly.....

I also carry an audio recorder that has a usb interface for the computer. This is essential for uploading decent audio wav files onto the computer. I can record for hours on this thing......it is great!

I also carry a cell phone because you never know..... Mine is an old Motorola flip (in keeping with the cheapskate trend we see here). This will be rectified shortly with one of the most advanced computer phones coming out on the market.

Do not forget pen and paper.

This is not equipment.....but always have you Press Card and perhaps some business cards for Fortress of Freedom so that you can hand them out to people you interview (just e-mail me for these if you are one of our registered journalists).

That is it for my view of this topic.....any other ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Tips And Tutorials All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: