International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
FOF And IAIJ Set Sights On The United Nations! 8/24/2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Advocacy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: FOF And IAIJ Set Sights On The United Nations! 8/24/2004 Reply with quote

FOF And IAIJ Set Sights On The United Nations!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

As founder of our two organizations (Fortress Of Freedom Inc. and International Archiving Of Independent Journalists Inc.); it was always my goal to have media accreditation with the United Nations. Media accreditation with the U. N. would give use the extra credibility to lodge a complaint on behalf a member which had to be taken to the United Nations regarding stated policies and international treaties. I intend , therefore; to submit our application as soon as minimum requirements are met (this fall) and pursue the application vigorously.

Also, I have stated before that our long term goal is to achieve NGO status in the United Nations (minimum requirements met in 2005). Non-Governmental Organization status would finally give our organization the ability to lobby our concerns on the global stage.....Something which is very dear to my heart.

I will personally pursue these objectives and let no person doubt the resolve I have in undertaking this matter. We are closer than you think to having a say in the world we live in; and I will not let this opportunity pass us by. The details will be spelled out later. My intention here is to formally state our goals and then proceed to make them a reality.

We can make a difference if we truly believe we can; and I believe we can!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Advocacy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: