International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
The Newspaper Boy Delivers The Fortress Newspaper! 12/3/2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> The Fortress: News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: The Newspaper Boy Delivers The Fortress Newspaper! 12/3/2005 Reply with quote

The Newspaper Boy Delivers The Fortress Newspaper!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Below you will see a pictorial log of some of my travels as a paper boy. I did not do it on my own but mailed and gave away copies to other people for distribution - but these were some of the highlights of my university distribution (there was also the work place and many, many other smaller facilities.....):

The journey begins by myself manufacturing the paper to save money, not all at once as that is too tiring, but as we go... I try to place about ten copies at each stop, though some at the U of T got thrity at a time because the spots were harder to locate..... Just little piles everywhere!

Ryerson University

The above picture is one of the engineering department - I just had to take this picture!

The above picture shows that someone reads this rag as that paper on the left was with the others when I first left.....

York University

The usual pitted against the local Excalibre rag - Same ol' Same Ol'.....

Seneca College

I did this one as it was snowy and near to home. We went toe to toe with the local rag here called: "The Buzz"

University Of Toronto

The set up for the U of T and Centennial.....

Centennial College

I just included this shot because I was too tired to take anymore pictures.....late at night and I needed sleep. Paper route is finished!!!!!

I guess many would say"why bother with a traditional paper, set alone folding and colating the things?" I would reply that the traditional newspaper has tradition; I get a thrill handing it out and seeing it read. That paper is also the only free speech device we have that is protected by our constitution - It is the jewel in the crown of everything here.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> The Fortress: News and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: