International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Shane: Music And My Life - September 3, 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Shane: Music And My Life - September 3, 2005 Reply with quote

Shane: Music And My Life

By Shane Murphy, Journalist

I could honestly say that music for me, pretty much, is an outlet to get rid of a lot of personal issues. Just mostly stories about where I am from, the street, things that I have been through personally in my life. I guess its just really about personal experience. You know, its all very real to me and its all very true, and I find music is always something to me that I felt very personal. If I could put my own stories into some kind of musical format, it could inspire other people who may have been going through, or may be going through, some of the things that I am going through in my own life, and make a difference or a change.

I have always been told that I am a very inspirational person, when I speak to people and...you know...I speak with my heart, and thats why I chose music. It moved me and so common sense - two plus two is four - so I guess if you put that out there, that energy out there, your going to help move other people. I think thats what we need to do more in life. You see all these artists today, and you see Fifty Cent and you see Eminem and you see these guys talking smack about fucking up their mothers and fathers because they are angry at them, and you know...lets go rob this guy or that guy, do this do that... you know what I mean. Its like that stuff is the destruction of the minds of the earth and the demise of the youth of today. The crime rates are up because of the video exposure - I believe - that these artists have, and that the media is actually doing the wrong thing by exposing these artists and I am solidly against that. I feel as though I write from a perspective that I'm sick and tired of watching it, and I have kids of my own that I am raising and I think that you have to be responsible when you are put in the position of being a person who has the gift. You know, like if you have the gift to making hip hop music, or rock music or folk music, whatever... You are spreading a message, it also is your own opinions, but at the same time you have to be very conscious of what you are saying.

I was influenced by my mom and my father and everywhere, music is an international language. I think that if you are influenced by it, you should try to do something to put it out there and project something for yourself. I want to help save kids, I want to hopefully try to make the world a better place through the music. I believe music brings the people together and in the right form I think music is a very peaceful thing. I think that it creates energy and it creates nothing but positive nature, unless its used for the wrong purposes. I think thats what I really want to do with my life.

I would like to also say that I did do a lot of time in prison and stuff like that so I had some serious soul searching to do. I was all messed up on drugs as a youngster and everything like that, and I just wanted to give it all up, change my life and be a role model for my own kids, so thus leading to wanting to be a person who helps change society. To be a person people look up to be on a more global scale someday

Visit Shane's website at: http://shanemurphy.ca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: