International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
From Police Officer To Peace Officer! - March 20, 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: From Police Officer To Peace Officer! - March 20, 2005 Reply with quote

From Police Officer To Peace Officer!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Jason Gibson

I was driving to the photo shop in downtown Toronto this March 19, 2005; when I noticed a solitary figure/display located near the U.S. Consulate. I, the ever ready amateur journalist, parked my car on a side street and walked up to this young man. The man's name is Jason Gibson, a police officer on disability.

Mr. Gibson calles himself a police officer turned peace officer! He lives on a eighty acre farm with his parents and was there to promote a festival he wanted to have on the land. His message was straight forward: That we should go out of town into the country and relax. Not a bad idea for Torontonians; but the best part is that he mentions that he was also there because it was the second anniversary of the war in Iraq and pointed me to the protest which was just about to begin at City Hall.

Click Here For Audio Interview

So let us give some applause to the lone man with a message. This is what FOF was designed to do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: